Mayor Josh Levy is honored to be serving in his second term as our city’s mayor.
Josh grew up in Hollywood. He graduated from Hollywood Hills High School. He attended the University of Florida, where in 1996, he earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science.
Josh went on to earn a Law Degree from Nova Southeastern University where he graduated with Pro Bono Honors and a Certificate of Concentration in International Legal Practice.
Mayor Levy began his volunteerism with the city 24 years ago, when he served as a law clerk in the City of Hollywood City Attorney’s Office.
Years later, he was appointed to serve as a member of the city’s Planning & Development Board, a position which Mayor Levy held for twelve years.
Mayor Levy is a graduate of the Greater Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Leadership Hollywood program (Class 29)
- the Hollywood Police Department’s Citizen’s Police Academy
- and is a recipient of the City of Hollywood’s Great Neighborhoods Challenge Community Spirit Award.
Today, while serving as mayor, he also serves as a member of:
- the Broward County Planning Council,
- the Greater Fort Lauderdale CVB’s Tourist Development Council,
- CareerSource Broward’s Council of Elected Officials
- and also now as an Executive Committee member of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance, Broward County’s public-private partnership for regional economic development.
Mayor Levy enjoys working together with his colleagues on the Hollywood City Commission as they endeavor to make the City of Hollywood: South Florida’s TOP city to live, learn, work, invest, and play.
Mayor Levy thanks his family and the entire community for entrusting him with the privilege of serving as our city’s chief elected official.